1. Download the ISO image from the provided link.
2. Copy the ISO image to a USB thumb device.
3. Connect a USB thumb device to the front panel USB port.
4. Connect to the switch via serial console using standard settings:
5. Reboot and configure the switch into the ONIE Rescue mode.
6. Pick the partition that has the flash drive inserted (/dev/sdb1 in this case) and mounts it:
ONIE:/ # mkdir /mnt/usb_drive_mount_point ONIE:/# mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt/usb_drive_mount_point
7. Run the installer:
ONIE:/onie-installer # ./openswitch-onie-installer-x86_64-1.0.7c ...... --- Installing OpenSwitch GRUB --- Installation finished. No error reported. OpenSwitch installation completed Rebooting...
8. Once the switch is rebooted, login as root and check the version. It should match with the one that was installed:
admin@switch:~# sudo -i root@switch:~# vtysh switch# show version OpenSwitch 1.0.7c switch#
9. For the documentation please refer to this page.
1. Telnet to the switch and login as root. Currently no password is set for root.
2. At the Bash prompt, enter:
vtysh show ?
You are shown show commands for different features.
3. Configure the management interface using step-by-step config guide mgmt-intf
Taipei, Taiwan 25th of September 2017. Netberg today launches a new series of bare metal switch (BMS) hardware with Barefoot Tofino switching silicon. The Aurora 710 is a unique network development platform, designed to bring the twin pillars – performance and programmability – together for the first time in the history of networking.
Taipei, Taiwan 31rd of July 2017 Netberg ONIE code has been accepted by the community and available at the official GitHub page for download. Two Netberg platforms, Aurora 720 and Aurora 620, were added to the official Open Networking Linux compatibility list.
Taipei, Taiwan 11th of August 2016. A distribution of Ubuntu 14.04 LTS with OF-DPA 2.0 is available for commercial use on Aurora 720 and 620 series.