1. Download the ISO image from the provided link.
2. Copy the ISO image to a USB thumb device.
3. Connect a USB thumb device to the front panel USB port.
4. Connect to the switch via serial console using standard settings:
WARNING: Do not use a USB-mini USB cable, it will damage the console port on the switch.
Use the enclosed mini USB-serial cable.
5. Reboot and configure the switch into the ONIE Rescue mode.
6. Pick the partition that has the flash drive inserted (/dev/sdb1 in this case) and mounts it:
ONIE:/ # mkdir /mnt/usb_drive_mount_point ONIE:/# mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt/usb_drive_mount_point
7. Run the installer:
ONIE:/onie-nos-install # ./onie-installer-x86_64-ops-2.0.0 ...... --- Installing OpenSwitch GRUB --- Installation finished. No error reported. OpenSwitch installation completed Rebooting...
8. Once the switch is rebooted, login as root (default credentials are admin/admin) and check the version. It should match with the one that was installed:
admin@switch:~# sudo -i root@switch:~# vtysh switch# show version 2.0.0 switch#
9. For the documentation please refer to this page.
10. To fill the secondary image partition, please run the installer once more.
11. To activate the web UI, you need to activate REST API daemon first.
admin@switch:~# sudo -i root@switch:~# systemctl enable restd root@switch:~# systemctl start restd
Web UI IP address is the same as the management port address.
Default credentials are “netop/netop.”
12. REST API
REST API documentation: https://management_interface_ip_address-or-switch_name/api/index.html
Taipei, Taiwan 8th of October 2018. Netberg today launches a new series of bare metal switch (BMS) hardware with Nephos Taurus switching silicon. The Aurora 740 and Aurora 705 switches are high performance and programmable products, utilizing a purpose-built ASIC architecture designed to addresses next generation network automation (real-time visibility/switch table state modification) for hyper-scale markets.
Taipei, Taiwan 19th of March 2018. Netberg has updated OpenSwitch network OS to its x86 based 10G/25G/100G Ethernet switch products.
Taipei, Taiwan 25th of September 2017. Netberg today launches a new series of bare metal switch (BMS) hardware with Barefoot Tofino switching silicon. The Aurora 710 is a unique network development platform, designed to bring the twin pillars – performance and programmability – together for the first time in the history of networking.