1. Download the ISO image from the provided link.
2. Copy the ISO image to a USB thumb device.
3. Connect a USB thumb device to the front panel USB port.
4. Connect to the switch via serial console using standard settings:
WARNING: Do not use a USB-mini USB cable, it will damage the console port on the switch.
Use the enclosed mini USB-serial cable.
5. Reboot and configure the switch into the ONIE Rescue mode.
6. Pick the partition that has the flash drive inserted (/dev/sdb1 in this case) and mounts it:
ONIE:/ # mkdir /mnt/usb_drive_mount_point ONIE:/# mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt/usb_drive_mount_point
7. Run the installer:
ONIE:/onie-nos-install # ./onie-installer-x86_64-ops-2.0.0 ...... --- Installing OpenSwitch GRUB --- Installation finished. No error reported. OpenSwitch installation completed Rebooting...
8. Once the switch is rebooted, login as root (default credentials are admin/admin) and check the version. It should match with the one that was installed.
To access the CLI use the “vtysh” command.
admin@switch:~# sudo -i root@switch:~# vtysh switch# show version 2.0.0 switch#
9. For the documentation please refer to this page.
10. To fill the secondary image partition, please run the installer once more.
11. To activate the web UI, you need to activate REST API daemon first.
admin@switch:~# sudo -i root@switch:~# systemctl enable restd root@switch:~# systemctl start restd
Web UI IP address is the same as the management port address.
Default credentials are “netop/netop.”
12. REST API
REST API documentation: https://management_interface_ip_address-or-switch_name/api/index.html
The update procedure is standard for a Linux package:
1. Download the package to the switch.
2. Use the command “dpkg -i ops_package_2.0.X_amd64.deb”
Netberg announced the new Aurora 810 400G model programmable switch with Intel Tofino 2 Intelligent Fabric Processors (IFPs) at its heart. The new platform has 32x 400G QSFP-DD Ethernet ports and a 12.8Tbps switching capacity.
Taipei, Taiwan, 24th of October 2022. Netberg participates in the new round of the Fast Forward Initiative by Intel (FFI'22). The program supports academic and research organizations today, aiming at accelerating tomorrow's best network programmability research.
Taipei, Taiwan 13th of July 2022. Netberg launches its hardened SONiC distribution for Intel Tofino and Marvell Teralynx platforms.
Taipei, Taiwan 8th of November 2021. Netberg’s SONiC platform code for Aurora 715 and Aurora 615 Innovium Teralynx-based switches is accepted into the official GitHub repository.
Taipei, Taiwan 1st of June 2021. Netberg, a leading open networking vendor, announces two new Aurora 715 and Aurora 615 models - high-performance 25/100G switches for future-proof Cloud, Enterprise, and Edge data centers.
Taipei, Taiwan 17th of November 2020. Netberg announces new services - custom networking software and hardware development.