1. Download the recovery image suitable for your switch or build one from GitHub.
Intel Tofino-based switches:
2. Copy ONIE recovery to a USB thumb device.
Use “dd” command to copy the .iso image to a USB stick:
dd if=onie-recovery-x86_64-netberg_rangeley_p1330-r0.iso of=/dev/sdb bs=10M
3. Connect a USB thumb device to the front panel USB port.
4. Connect to the switch via serial console using standard settings:
WARNING: Do not use a USB-mini USB cable, it will damage the console port on the switch.
Use the enclosed serial cable.
5. Power on the switch and press <ESC> until entering BIOS.
Go to the “Save & Exit” tab and boot to the USB drive using “Boot override” section.
6. Embed ONIE to the switch.
7. ONIE is ready after reboot. (Please remove the USB stick)
Taipei, Taiwan 19th of February 2020. Today Netberg launches a new Academia and Research Program, designed to meet a constantly increasing demand from the research community for high-performance and programmable Tofino-based platforms.