The rapid growth of data center traffic brings new challenges to the networking infrastructure. The previously unseen scale of mobile, video, Anything-as-a-Service(XaaS), big data analytics, and machine learning applications drive demand for lower latency, more bandwidth, lower power consumption, and deeper, actionable analytics.
Aurora 715 with 3.2T Innovium Teralynx switching silicon aims to answer these challenges. Up to 2x lower latency, most power-efficient design reducing carbon footprint, and unmatched telemetry&analytics are packed into a 1U box with breakthrough cost in its class.
Aurora 715 provides breakthrough capabilities for Spine, Leaf, DCI, ToR, Enterprise, Edge, and 5G deployment scenarios with:
- Largest on-chip buffers in a switch of its class to deliver best-in-class network quality
- Robust RoCE for lowest latency and rich QoS necessary for distributed storage and AI applications
- Leading table sizes&ACLs needed at the access layer and edge
- FLASHLIGHT delivers actionable, real-time telemetry data correlated to applications, which is essential to monitor, troubleshoot and simplify network operations
- A breakthrough cost that delivers 2X+performance per $ vs. alternatives
- SW programmability for support of new protocols, achieved without impact to throughput or latency
- Flexible Statistics counters to monitor forwarding decisions, security actions and traffic distribution. Flex Stats provide visibility far beyond MIB counters by enabling fine grained counting of data-plane metrics such as Table Lookups, Prefix Hits, Routes, Tunnel Termination, Tunnel Initiations, etc.
- Buffer and Queue Forensics encompass a suite of Telemetry tools that enable monitoring and capturing anomalies triggered by customer focused visibility attributes that provide policy-based alerts vs false positive bombardment.
- Flow tracker provides the ability to track flows in a network. Flow tracker provides flow centric insights such as packets per flow, rates of flow, peers of flow, etc.
- TERALYNX provides the ability to add per packet ingress and egress timestamps, at line rate to live traffic. Timestamps can also be included as metadata in telemetry packets. This enables an accurate view of network per hop latencies.
- The Innovium Path Telemetry (IPT) provides the ability to auto generate probe packets, triggered by flexible scope attributes that identify only packets of interest from live traffic, then appends extensive telemetry information.
- TERALYNX offers unmatched sFLOW and Flex Mirroring capability. User may choose to forward copies to a wide collector set to efficiently load balance high bandwidth monitored traffic.
- TERALYNX ensures that there are no silent packet drops in the device. Packet drops at all stages of the packet processing pipeline are counted.
- In-Band Network Telemetry (P4-INT) helps construct end-to-end flow profiles, providing real-time telemetry on application behavior in the network.
- 32x 100/50/40GbE QSFP28 ports in 1 RU
Up to 128x 25/10G SFP28 port via break-out cables
- 3.2Tbps Innovium Teralynx IVM 55300
- Intel® Pentium® Processor D-1508 dual core processor for application deployment
- 16GB of DDR4 memory
- Configurable pipeline latency enabling sub-400 ns operation
Reliable hardware platform
- Redundant 600W 1+1 power
- Redundant N+1 cooling
- BMC (Baseboard Management Controller) enables remote switch power control and providing health monitoring of the temperature, power status, and cooling fans.
Network OS (NOS) options
- Open Network Linux is a Linux distribution for "bare metal" switches, that is, network forwarding devices built from commodity components. ONL uses ONIE to install onto on-board flash memory. Open Network Linux is a part of the Open Compute Project and is a component in a growing collection of open source and commercial projects.
- Azure SONiC - a collection of networking software components required to have a fully functional L3 device. It is designed to meet the requirements of a cloud data center. It is fully open-sourced at OCP.
||US$6000 for Aurora 715 bare metal switch preloaded with ONIE
||32x 100/50/40GbE QSFP28 ports in 1 RU
Up to 128x 25/10G SFP28 ports via break-out cables
1x RJ-45 out-of-band (10/100/1000) management
1x RJ-45 console (RS232)
System status LED
PSU1 status LED
PSU2 status LED
Fan status LED
Airflow direction LED
||Switching silicon: 3.2Tbps Innovium Teralynx IVM 55300
Latency: <400 ns (PHY-less)
Packet Buffer: 45MB
Intel® Pentium D-1508 CPU
16GB DDR4 ECC
128GB M.2 SSD
||ASPEED AST2520 BMC
IPMI 2.0, shared Ethernet port
||600W 1+1 RPSU 80+ Platinum:
100V~240V AC / 50~60Hz
800W 1+1 -40V~-60V DC RPSU (option)
Typical power - 300W/ Maximum power - 500W (with optics)
||5 N+1 redundant fans
||1U, 470 x 440 x 44 mm
Rackmount kit (option)
||Operating temperature: 0~40°C
Operating humidity: 20-90% maximum relative humidity (non-condensing)
|EMC and safety
CE Declaration of Conformity
Reduction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) 6
||Open Network Linux
SONiC (Software for Open Networking in the Cloud)
QoS - ECN
QoS - RDMA
Priority Flow Control
DHCP Relay Agent
SONiC to SONiC upgrade
Post Speed Setting
BGP Graceful restart helper
Dynamic ACL Upgrade
SWSS Unit Test Framework (best effort)